Home of Wildwood Ranch Recording Studio and The Peacock Flounders
Multitrack Analog/Digital Recording
64 channel Soundcraft Ghost console modified at Creation Audio Labs in Nashville, Langevin, Neve and Avid mic pres, Langevin Electro Optical Compressor/Limiters, Avid ProTools Ultimate - Apple Mac Pro with tons of plugins, ATC SCM20-ASLT Studio Monitors, Tascam and Alesis multitrack recorders, lots of outboard gear, large selection of tube stuff, Premier Drums, Fender, Ampeg, Marshall, Vox, Line 6, and Hiwatt amps, Yamaha NS-10 monitors, Baldwin piano, AKG, Rode K2, Sennheiser, Shure, Audio Technica, Sony microphones, digital editing and mastering. 650 sq ft main room below.
Check out these cool videos below including the Cameraface MTV Video "The Bite of Love", The Peacock Flounders live at Toad's Place in New Haven and The Peacock Flounders live at The Bitter End in NYC
Our CD "Hello Beautiful" is available for download at www.iTunes.com
the peacock flounders "I Forget" MP3 Free Download!!!
Click on the song "I Forget" above to check out a free download of my band!!!
The Peacock Flounders Gig Schedule
1. Saturday Nov. 29th 9pm Toad's Place 300 York St. New Haven 203-624-TOAD
2. Saturday Jan 10th 2 Boots 281 Fairfield Ave. Bridgeport 203-331-1377 w/Frank Critelli and The Manchurians
3. Thursday Feb. 26th John Street Bar & Grill 17 John St. NYC NY 212-349-3278
4. Wednesday March 4th Daniels Street Bar In Milford CT Ultra Radio Hard Drive Live Broadcast
5. Saturday March 21st Two Boots 281 Fairfield Ave. Bridgeport CT 203-331-1377 w/ The Manchurians & Frank Critelli
6. Saturday April 11th The Bitter End 147 Bleeker St. NYC NY 212-673-7030
7. Friday May 15th at Toad's Place 300 York St. New Haven 9PM
8. Saturday June 13th at Cafe Nine State St. New Haven w/The Manchurians
9. Thursday July 16th at Public Main St. Middletown CT 9PM
10. Wednesday August 12th Melody Inn 3826 N. Illinois ST. Indianapolis Indiana. 317-823-4707 w/Craig Bell's "The Down-Fi"
11. Thursday August 13th Dirty Jack's 5912 Vine St. Cincinnati/Elmwood Place Ohio 513-242-2800 w/ Shot to Kill
12. Friday August 14th, Gooski's 3117 Brereton St. Pittsburgh PA. 412-681-1658
13. Sunday September 6th Bar 254 Crown St. New Haven CT. 203-495-8924 w/ Furors & Stratford Survivors
14. Saturday December 12th at Rudy's 372 Elm St. New Haven CT 203-865-1242 w/ Shelleye Valauskas Experience
15. Saturday February 27th The Quays w/Nico Blues 45-02 30th Ave Astoria Queens NYC 718-204-8864
16. Friday March 19th at "Up or on the Rocks" 50 Union Place Hartford CT. 860-247-6257 The Rock WCCC 106.9FM and Budweiser Beer Show!!
17. Saturday March 20th Rudy's Bar & Grille 372 Elm St. New Haven CT 203-865-1242 10pm Start Time
18. Saturday April 17th Neverending Book Store 810 State St. New Haven CT 8pm show
19. Saturday April 24th Meriden Daffodil Festival Meriden CT
20. Thursday May 13th "Up Or On The Rocks" 50 Union Place Hartford CT 860-247-6257
21. Saturday May 22nd at Cafe Nine w/ Shrinking Violets and Age of Reason 250 State St. New Haven CT 203-789-8281 10:30pm
22. Saturday June 12th Rudy's 372 Elm St. New Haven CT with The Mold Monkies 203-865-1242
23. Friday July 30th The Huntington St. Cafe 90 Huntington St. Shelton CT w/Steven Deal 8pm show 203-925-9064
24. Saturday August 7th Durham 4H Fair Durham Fairgrounds CT w/ Shellye Valauskas Experience 7:30pm show
25. Friday September 24th Artspace Projest Storefronts Microfest 71 Orange St New Haven w/ Shrinking Violets
26. Saturday October 23rd Two Boots 218 Fairfield Ave. Bridgeport w/Shrinking Violets 203-331-1377.
27. Friday January 21st Two Boots 218 Fairfield Ave. Bridgeport w/Stark Raving Lulu & The Jackies 203-331-1377
28. Saturday February 5th Cafe Nine 250 State St. New Haven w/Stark Raving Lulu & The Jackies 203-789-8281
29. Friday June 3rd The Delancey 168 Delancey St. NYC 11pm show 212-254-9920
30. Saturday July 16th Wallingford Town Green Wallingford CT Outdoor Concert with The Bernadettes 3pm
Our CD "Hello Beautiful" is available for download at WWW.iTunes.com
The Peacock Flounders, Cameraface, Valley of Kings, Miracle Legion, Saucers, The Down Fi, The Rhythm Methodists, Mr. Primo and the Sinners, Bleached Black, Chopper, CIA, Lost Generation, F'n Colleen, Rope, Gnomes, Whipping Boys, Big Bad Johns, The Swaggerts, Baby Huey, Mad Haleen, The Furors, Last Supper, Shellye Valauskas Experience, The Sawtelles, Happy Ending, Hanna Cranna, The Dispossesed, Milk of Wonder, Big Fat Combo, Bad Bob, Malachi Crunch, 23 Hello, Yawnmower, Hoosegow, Dum Dum Boys, ADX, The Morfiends, Craig Bell, The Means, Gone Native, Go Van Gogh, Maureen Pender, Angry Beautiful, The Presidential Targets, Nap LaJoy, Rope, The Optics, The Jovial Crew, Grey Cell Green, Paul Pender, Solin, Beauty Constant
Peacock Flounders, Deb Wilson Sutfin, F'n Colleen, Valley of Kings, Cameraface, Astrobeats
Ron's professional music, A/V, film and sound recording background
Growing up playing trombone and alto saxophone for band and orchestra in the Hamden Connecticut School System, Ron started playing in and recording rock bands while going to Fairfield University on a hockey scholarship in the mid 1970s. After college Ron moved to Newport Beach California to play bass in the punk rock band The Lobsters with his friend Robert "Trebor" Smith. Upon returning to New Haven in the fall of 1980 he became friends with drummer Kerry Miller and formed The Astrobeats. Then in 1982 when Ron was doing live sound for New Haven band October Days, he and Kerry met Gabriel Cohen and formed the band Valley of Kings. Valley of Kings shared a loft with Mark Mulcahy and Ray Neal with Mark booking bands at the local nightclub The Grotto and Ron was the Grotto's house soundman. Ron and Kerry helped Mark and Ray start their band Miracle Legion playing bass and drums for their early recordings and shows. Then Ron worked in the late 80's and early 90's at Platinum Island Recording Studio, 676 Broadway NYC as an assistant engineer with his friend and now legendary engineer Oz Fritz and owner Richie Kessler and worked on many major label albums by Meatloaf, The Replacements, The Ramones, PIL, Omar Hakim, and the B-52's. The photo here is of Ron and Oz at Platinum Island doing a guitar overdub for a Cameraface recording. He has a B.A. in Music and Sound Recording from The University of New Haven and worked full time as Engineering Supervisor for Nexstar Media Group's New Haven ABC Television affiliate WTNH Channel-8 and UPN affiliate WCTX Channel-59 for 13 years. Ron then worked for 13 years as an Executive Educational Representative for Music & Arts Inc, the band and orchestral company, selling and installing Avid Pro Tools recording studios and music labs in schools all over the country. Since 2017 Ron has been working full time at Yale University Library Preservation and Conservation Department running Yale's in-house SAMMA Digital Migration System, digitizing rare collections of audio, video and film for the Gilmore Music Library at the Yale School of Music, Yale's Oral History of American Music OHAM, the Yale Historic Sound Recording Collection HSR, The Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript, The Yale Fortunoff Holocaust Testimonial Collection, The Sterling Library Manuscripts and Archives Special Collections, the Yale Film Archive and the Yale Museums.